The Freight Action Plan outlines five key actions:
- To tackle the problem of overnight lorry parking in Kent
- To find a long term solution to Operation Stack
- To effectively manage the routeing of HGV traffic to ensure that such movements remain on the strategic road network for as much of its journey as possible
- To take steps to address the problems caused by freight traffic to communities
- To ensure that KCC continues to make effective use of planning and development control powers to reduce the impact of freight traffic
HGV parking and routeing and their impact on Queenborough and Rushenden is a key area for us and we will therefore be responding to this consultation.
You can register and respond to the consultation here http://consultations.kent.gov.uk/consult.ti/freightactionplan/consultationHome